- Category: CityCollege
- Published: Monday, 20 November 2017 05:08
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1205
Quality Research is the touch stone for academic evaluation, having this in mind the research cell of the college was established. The Research and Development Cell aims to nurture research culture in the College by promoting research in newly emerging and challenging areas of Commerce, Economics, English and Urdu Languages, and social Sciences. It encourages the students and faculty to undertake the research in newly emerging frontier areas of above said discipline. This enhances the general research capability of the faculty and students by participation in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competition, etc. It also motivates them to undertake UGC and University sponsored research projects. The Cell encourages members of the staff to publish their works in leading journals and to present papers at national and international conferences.
The Research and Development Cell is functioning with the following objectives:
- To create awareness, interest and opportunities in Research and Development among the faculty member.
- To create interest and atmosphere among the faculty members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications.
- To motivate the faculty members for R&D activities in the area of their specialization.
- To encourage staff members and students to publish papers in UGC refereed journals, journals with high index, and International reputed journals.
- To motivate the faculty for their professional growth by adoption of research.
- To undertake research activities and development projects offered by agencies such as Urdu Academy, Sahitey Academy, and Industries etc.
- To assist for applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop and conferences P from various available funding agencies.
- To facilitate the growth of research activity among the academic community, including developing mechanisms and targets to achieve this.
- To develop and coordinate strategies for maximizing the faculty’s success in gaining external research funding.
- To maintain and disseminate current information about relevant research policy areas and initiatives in government, in the professions and in relevant industries.
- To develop strategies to foster research collaborations within the faculty, across faculty and institutes, and with agencies outside the college.
- To work with various departments to establish and develop faculty research priorities on interdisciplinary areas.
- To interact with industry, government, professions and the wider community on all research matters promote faculty research activities to external stakeholders.
- To coordinate faculty level workshops and staff development activities on research-related issues.
- To maintain effective links with government departments, authorities, business, and commerce and industry organizations relevant to the college research activities.
In order to promote research and development activities, the college extends its full support to students/faculty/staff. Full/Partial financial support is given to all innovative research & development works taken up by the students, faculty and staff members. The college encourages students, faculty and staff to participate in National/International Conferences, Training programmes, organized by reputed institutes, by giving financial support viz. course/registration fee, TA/DA etc.